The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) publish weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (10 – 16 November 2016).
The weekly report included Israeli forces continue systematic crimes in the occupied Palestinian territory.
·Israeli forces continued to use excessive force in the oPt
– 6 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children, were wounded in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
·House demolitions on grounds of collective punishment.
– A room was closed with concrete in Yatta, south of Hebron.
·Israeli forces conducted 64 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and 6 ones in occupied Jerusalem.
– 57 civilians, including 15 children and a woman, were arrested.
– Fifteen of them, including 12 children and the woman, were arrested in occupied Jerusalem.
– The Health Improvement Program’s office in Ramallah was raided and some of its content were confiscated.
· Israeli forces continued to target Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Strip Sea.
– 2 fishermen were arrested and their fishing boat was confiscated, north of the Gaza Strip.
· Israeli forces continued their efforts to create Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
– 2 residential apartments in al-Mukaber Mount and 2 stores in Beit Hanina were self-demolished by their owners.
– 2 barracks, an agricultural room and a mosque foundation in Silwan and Sour Baher villages were demolished.
·Settlement activities continued in the West Bank.
– 2 agricultural rooms in Qalqilya and a residential tent, a social service centre and a well, south of Hebron, were demolished.
– 28 storehouses in al-Ouja village, north of Jericho, were demolished; 6 of them were roofed while the others were still in the foundation phase.
·Israeli forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 9th year.
– Dozens of temporary checkpoints were established in the West Bank and others were re-established to obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians.
– 3 Palestinian civilians were arrested at military checkpoints.
– A trader at arrested at Beit Hanoun “Erez” crossing, north of the Gaza Strip.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (10 – 16 November 2016).
Israeli forces have continued to commit crimes, inflicting civilian casualties. They have also continued to use excessive force against Palestinian civilians participating in peaceful protests in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, the majority of whom were youngsters. During the reporting period, Israeli forces wounded 6 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children, in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
In the West Bank, on 10 November 2016, Anas Zaid (15), from al-Jalazoun refugee camp, was wounded and then arrested. The aforementioned boy was wounded then dozens of Palestinian civilians gathered at the northern entrance to Birzait village, north of Ramallah, to organize a protest marking the 12th death anniversary of Yasser Arafat. The protestors threw stones at the Israeli soldier, who were present in the area.
On 11 November 2016, Majdi Jom’a (13) was hit by a tear gas canister to the right leg during Kufor Qaddoum weekly protest, northeast of Qalqilya.
In the Gaza Strip, on 11 November 2016, 4 Palestinian civilians were wounded. Three of whom participated in a peaceful protest organized at the border fence between the Gaza Strip and Israel, east of al-Shuja’iya, east of Gaza City, while the 4th was wounded during a similar peaceful protest at the border fence, east of al-Bureij refugee camp, in the central Gaza Strip.
In the context of targeting Palestinian fishermen, on 10 November 2016, Israeli gunboats stationed in the sea opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats sailing within 6 nautical miles. Neither casualties nor material damage were reported.
On 16 November 2016, Israeli gunboats opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats and arrested fishermen Abdul Hafez As’ad al-Sultan (37) and his brother Ammar (23), both from al-Salateen neighbourhood in Beit Lahia. Israeli forces also confiscated their boat. At approximately 01:00 on Wednesday, 16 November 2016, the Israeli authorities released Ammar while kept his brother and the boat in custody.
On 16 November 2016, Israeli gunboats opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats sailing within 5 nautical miles off al-Sudaniya shore, west of Jabalia, north of the Gaza Strip. No casualties were reported.